Friday, October 10, 2014

Urban Decay Vice 3 Tutorial #1


Hey everyone!  It's tutorial time!  I am so excited to play with this palette, and show you just some of the things that are possible with it!

Today's tutorial is going to concentrate mostly on the first column of colors.

Let's get started!




As always, I'm starting off with Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer.


Smooth it all over the eyelid and up to the brow bone.


I'm taking NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese.  This is a very sheer, shimmery color that I'm using so the eyeshadow colors have something to grab on to.


I'm putting this all over my eyelid.


Using my finger, I'm smoothing it out and up toward my brow bone.


Then I'm taking the color Undone with an angled fluffy brush (Crease brush from Ecotools).


I'm putting this into my crease and sweeping it to just below my brow bone.  This is my transition color, so everything will blend nicely.


Next, I'm taking Downfall with the flat end of the brush that is included with this palette.


This color is going all over my eyelid.


Then I'm taking DTF with the fluffy end of the brush that is included.


This is going in my crease, concentrating on the outer corner.


Next, I'm taking Truth with a small flat brush (Shade brush from Ecotools).


I'm using this color at my highlight, and putting it right under my brow bone, and in the inner corner of my eye.



I want to add a pop of color to this look, so I'm using the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eyeliner in Deep End, and putting this on my upper and lower lash line.




I'm taking the color Revolver with a small angled brush (from Mary Kay).


I'm putting this right on top of the Deep End eyeliner to set it.


Taking the same color and brush, I'm tight lining my upper eyelid.  This is totally optional, and it feels weird if you're not used to it.  I'm doing this so my lashes look a little fuller, and to cover the "white space" between the blue eyeliner and the mascara that I will be applying later.


Next, I'm using the color Freeze with the same brush I used in the previous step.


I'm sweeping this right on top of the eyeliner to set it.


The last color I'm using is Bobby Dazzle with a small pencil brush (Smudge brush from Ecotools).


This is going in the inner corner of my lower lash line, and I'm blending it into the blue.


Curling my lashes....


...and add mascara. I'm using Big Fatty from Urban Decay.


And here is the finished look!  I think this is a great day look, but if you want to add a little sparkle...


...use the NYX Roll On Shimmer in Nude.


Roll it directly on your eyelid, and smooth it out a little with your finger.


And you have a beautiful, shimmery (yet subtle) look.


For color descriptions, and more information on the Vice 3 Palette, see my previous blog.



I hope y'all enjoyed this tutorial.  Let me know in the comments!


Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment