Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review: IT Cosmetics


Hey everyone!  I've got a review for you today!  I went to Ulta and IT Cosmetics was there doing FREE makeovers!  Well, you know I couldn't resist that.  This is a brand that I have heard of, and I'm kind of familiar with it, but I have never had the opportunity to try it out.  Today I'm going to talk a little about my experience, and how I feel about their products...Let's get started!

The makeup artist that worked on me is named Jeffrey, and I really enjoyed him!  He was very personable, and just a lot of fun.  He was extremely knowledgeable about the products as well, and was prepared for any questions that I had.

IT Cosmetics was founder, Jamie Kernn Lima, works with leading plastic surgeons to develop innovative, clinically proven, problem solving products.  What this means, is that each product is infused with some kind of skin care benefit.

The first thing that Jeffrey did was prime my face with a mixture of No. 50 Serum Anti-Aging Collagen Veil Primer ($48.00) and Bye Bye Redness ($32.00).


Then, as my foundation, he used YSBB Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+ in the color Light ($38.00).

The next step was setting my foundation with Bye Bye Pores loose finishing powder ($24.00)


He then went to work on my eyes.  First he used Brow Power Lift; the matte side as an eyeshadow base ($24.00).  He then used the Naturally Pretty Matte Luxe Transforming Eyeshadow Palette ($42.00) using the color Love all over my eye lid, and a mix of the colors All Heart and Iconic in my crease.
He lined my eyes with Liner Love gel eyeliner ($24.00) in Midnight Navy.
Jeffrey then applied Tightline Full Lash Length Black Mascara Primer ($24.00) to my lashes.  He did not use any additional mascara. What I like about this product is the teeny tiny brush allows you to get right up to your lash line without making a big mess.
He filled in my brows with Brow Power universal brow pencil ($24.00).

  
On my cheeks, he used Vitality Cheek Stain in Magical in Mauve ($24.00).

He lined my lips with YLBB Your Lips But Better Waterproof Lip Liner Stain in Rose ($20.00) and applied Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Reviver Lipstick Stain in Pure Joy ($20.00).



Here is the finished look!
It didn't occur to me until about half way through the makeover that I should write about this, so I didn't take a "before" picture....sorry. :(

So, now that you know all of the products that were used, I'll tell you my feelings on them.  I love, love, LOVE the CC Cream and primers that he used!  It was full coverage, but it did not feel heavy at all.  And it LASTS!  I had it on for a good 8 hours before I took it off, and it still looked freshly applied.  This will definitely be something I go and purchase for myself.

The eyeshadows are beautiful, and applied really well, but they are not my cup of tea.  I like more bold colors (**cough cough** Urban Decay), but these are great for someone who is not as adventurous as myself.

I love the eyebrow pencil, and will be purchasing that as well.  It is universal, so ANYONE can use it...no matter what your hair color is.

So, in a nutshell, I love the "face" products, but can live without the "color" products.

I hope y'all enjoyed this review!  Let me know what you think!


DISCLAIMER: All of the product photos were taken from either the IT Cosmetics website, or Ulta's website.  

No comments:

Post a Comment