Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Urban Decay Naked Smoky Review and Swatches


Hey everyone!  I know it's been a REALLY long time since my last post.  I got in a rut that I couldn't seem to get out of.  I couldn't seem to find the inspiration or drive to want to do anything having to do with makeup (SHOCKER!) or this blog.  So, finally after a lot of soul searching, I'M BACK!!! I will do my very best to post SOMETHING at least once a week.  I just can't let myself get overwhelmed.

SO...with that being said....LET'S GET STARTED!

I recently purchased the Urban Decay Naked Smoky Palette, and I AM IN LOVE WITH IT! The packaging is really an upgrade from the previous Naked Palettes.  It's plastic with a magnetic closure, and it has a hinge so the mirror actually stays up on it's own!  I love the smoky design, and the case itself is a little bit translucent.


There is a great mix of textures (4 MATTE SHADES!) in this palette, and they are arranged accordingly.  You have 4 shimmer shades, 4 satin shades, and as mentioned before 4 matte shades.  It also comes with a duel ended brush that is VERY different that what you get in the other Naked Palettes.  On one end you have a very fluffy crease brush, and the other a small stiff pencil/smudger brush.  

So now let's get to the swatches and descriptions!  The photos of the eye shadows in the pan are taken without a flash, and all swatches are taken with and without a flash.  

High - champagne shimmer w/micro-glitter

Dirtysweet - medium bronze

Radar - metallic taupe w/iridescent micro-glitter (This first appeared in the Vice 2 Palette)

Armor - metallic silver-taupe w/tonal sparkle (This first appeared in the Vice Palette)

Slanted - light metallic gray

Dagger - medium charcoal w/micro-shimmer

Black Market - jet-black satin (This first appeared in the Vice Palette) 

Smolder - deep plum-taupe

Password - cool taupe matte

Whiskey - rich brown matte

Combust - soft pink-taupe

Thirteen - light beige satin


There are NINE brand new, never before seen shades in this palette.  The other three are mentioned in the descriptions.

You also get a look book that has 4 different looks that you can try out.    

Overall, I really love this palette.  There is enough variety to do either dark and smoldering looks, or very neutral toned down looks.  

Over the next few weeks, I'll be posting some tutorials on how to use this palette. The first one will be up on Friday!  

The palette retails for $54.00 and you can get it at Urban Decay, and in stores and online at Sephora and Ulta

I hope y'all enjoyed this review.  Let me know what you think in the comments...will you be buying this amazing palette?  

See y'all next time!  



No comments:

Post a Comment